Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and valuable. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
Upcoming Webinar: OpenSpecimen Mobile App
Many of the OpenSpecimen workflows are better done on a handheld device instead of a desktop or laptop. The Mobile App is aimed at improving the productivity of lab and clinic staff, and reducing the data entry time.
Join us on 23rd March | 8 AM PST for a webinar where we will –
✅ Explain how the Mobile App can help your biobank streamline the data collection process?
✅ Demonstrate current features like registering participants, visit, specimens, etc.
✅ Demonstrate configurability options
Click here for registration.
Wizards of Biobanking Podcast
- In this edition, we bring you the third episode of “Wizards of Biobanking” podcast. In this episode, Cassandra Griffin, Biobanking and Clinical Research Manager, University of Newcastle talks about various aspects of biobanking and the Australasian Biospecimen Network Association. Hope you enjoy this video!
- Upcoming Webinar:📱 OpenSpecimen Mobile App
- Wizards of Biobanking Podcast 🎧: Uni. of Newcastle Biobank
- New Customer: Medirex (Slovakia)
- New Tutorial Video📽️: Bulk Operations: How to avoid errors?
- New Blog : GOQii Trail Challenge 2022: Experience of Krishagni Team
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- Fox Chase Cancer Center’s biorepository (USA) receives CAP accreditation
- Large-scale study using UK biobank data focuses on rare eye disorders
- South Africa launches national biodiversity biobank
- The time is right for an Antarctic biorepository network
- New tissue biobank to step up medical diagnostics in Qatar
- Indonesia Ministry builds collaboration for biobank ecosystem
Recent Research Papers
- Bimetra Biobank: A Biobank Facility to Stimulate Translational Biomedical Research
- A Review of Major Danish Biobanks
- Challenges on the Development of Biodiversity Biobanks
Biobank Job Alerts
- Neuromuscular Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator – Stanford University
- Clinical Research Coordinator – Indiana Uni. Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Clinical Research Coordinator I – The Uni. of Alabama
- Research Coordinator II – Pediatric Biobanking Initiative – Baylor College of Medicine
- Biobank Technician – Loyola University Chicago
- ISBER 2023 Annual Meeting & Exhibits – May 3-6, 2023, Seattle, USA
- Biobank Sweden Webinar Series 2023
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at [email protected].