Watch the third video from our podcast series, “Wizards of Biobanking”. In this episode, Cassandra Griffin, Biobanking and Clinical Research Manager, University of Newcastle talks about various aspects of biobanking and Australasian Biospecimen Network Association. Hope you enjoy this video!
Biobank: University of Newcastle Biobank
Attendees: Cassandra Griffin, Biobanking and Clinical Research Manager, University of Newcastle
Highlights of the podcast:
- Introduction to the University of Newcastle Biobank
- Introduction to Cassandra Griffin
- How do you keep yourself updated?
- How does your biobank operate?
- Participant Enrollment
- Biobank Staff Training
- Providing Specimens to External Researchers
- Publicizing Biobank
- Handling Tender Processes
- Consents Management
- Biospecimen Management
- Inventory Management
- Sharing Data with Researchers
- Biospecimen Distribution
- Biobank Sustainability
- Tips on Selection of Biobanking LIMS
- Experience about OpenSpecimen
- Onboarding new user/group to OpenSpecimen
- Do researchers return data to biobank?
- Australasian Biospecimen Network Association