Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe.
Fresh of the Press
- Australian biobank repatriates hundreds of ‘legacy’ Indigenous blood samples
- Clinical trials planned for brain tumor ‘GPS’ maps at Case Western Reserve University
- Geisinger’s biobank surpasses 250,000 patients
- NIH establishes Infectious Diseases Clinical Research Consortium
- AI shows promise for breast cancer screening
- Avoid these eight costly biospecimen procurement mistakes
- In biobanks lies the future of research
- The University of Buffalo Biorepository is bringing the power of precision medicine to Western New York
- African company set to build the world’s first and largest pan-African biobank
- Reef Ark (Queensland) is Launching: the Living Coral Biobank
Biobank Job Alerts
- Biorepository Technologist – Sema4, Branford Lab, Connecticut, US
- Engagement & Quality Manager – Telethon Kids Institute, Perth, Australia
- Biorepository Technician – Precision Medicine Grp., Maryland, US
- Biorepository Lead – Adaptive biotechnologies – Seattle, WA, US
- Research and Biobanking Officer – Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
- Director of Biorepository – California Biobank, US
- Biosample Sr. Specialist – Moderna – Cambridge, MA, US
- Senior Program Developer– Allegheny Health Network- Pittsburgh, USA
- Biobanking International Symposium: New Delhi, India (20-21 February 2020)
- ISBER 2020 Annual Meeting: Anaheim, USA (14-18 April 2020)
We are happy to announce the release of v6.3. As always there are many new features, improvements and bug fixes (release notes).
Webinar: CAP accreditation by University of California (Davis)
In our second webinar, Ms. Irmgard Feldman (Biorepository Manager) talked about their OpenSpecimen usage and how they achieved CAP accreditation.
Watch the webinar recording: Click here
OpenSpecimen Mobile/Tablet App:
Our new Android-based app allows clinic staff to collect participants, primary specimens and forms/questionnaires. It also supports “offline” data collection. This is a paid plugin. Email us if you need more details or would like to evaluate the app for your center.
Blogs and Case studies:
Blog: How to use OpenSpecimen in Longitudinal Studies?
Case study: Adopting an Organized and Queryable Biospecimen Database