Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and useful. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
Webinar: OpenSpecimen Implementation at Johns Hopkins University
Register (click here) for our upcoming webinar, “Implementation at Johns Hopkins University,” on May 20th. Bob Lange, Project Leader, Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, will present how they use OpenSpecimen as their Enterprise Biobanking LIMS and integration with in-house pathology database and Epic (EMR).
As part of the webinar, Bob will also participate in a 20 min interview session to share their biobanking experiences.
For past webinars and interviews: click here.
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- VUMC’s BioVU biorepository collaborates with Syntegra for Biobank Data Analysis
- Louisiana Biorepository (LCRC) collaborates with Tulane Univ to identify the link between obesity and colon cancer
- Penn State Biobank Accredited by CAP
- Estonian biobank launched a study on mental health genetics
- What can biobanks learn from the current pandemic?
- Wroclaw Biobank (Poland) Adopts ISO Standards
- The Cocaine and Oxycodone Biobanks for addiction studies
- Biosample Hub – a new ethical & transparent way of connecting biobanks & biotechs
Recent Research Papers
- Identification, biobanking, and large-scale production of SARS-CoV-2-Specific memory T Lymphocytes from COVID19 convalescent donors
- Creation and maintenance of a living biobank at the University of Rostock
Biobank Job Alerts
- General Manager – TMWR Biorepoisotry – USA
- Scientific Manager (Biobank) – Coriell Institute for Medical Research
- Tumour Bank Technical Officer – Children’s Cancer Institute – Australia
- Project Officer – UNSW Biorepository – Australia
- Student Intern COVID Biobank Pathology – Boston Medical Center – USA
- Biorepository Scientist I – Analytical Biological Services – USA
- v8.0 released – Read the release notes here.
- Upcoming webinar: OpenSpecimen Implementation at Johns Hopkins University – 20th May | 11 AM EST
- Training video: “Creating Advanced Reports.”
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Email us at [email protected]