Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and valuable. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
OpenSpecimen Community Meet (OSCON) – 2023
We are pleased to announce this year’s OpenSpecimen Community Meet – OSCON23 in San Diego, USA.
Dates: July 24-26th
✅ A two-day annual event for OpenSpecimen current and prospective users.
✅ Includes demos & workshops on new features, product training, technical sessions & product roadmap.
✅ Talks by adopters about their experiences and best practices.
✅ Network with users from other biobanks & exchange ideas.
Click here to register.
OpenSpecimen Introductory Webinar
Are you looking for a LIMS for your biobank? If yes, this webinar is of interest to you.
We are conducting an introductory webinar to demonstrate the features and benefits of OpenSpecimen.
Date/Time: 1st June | 9 AM PST | 12 PM EDT | 4 PM GMT
Click here to register.
- OpenSpecimen Community Meet (USA) – OSCON23: July 24 & 25
- Upcoming Webinar: Why is OpenSpecimen best suited for your biobank?
- New Case Study: Telethon Kids Manage ORIGINS Project using OpenSpecimen
- OpenSpecimen v10.1 released
- New Customer: Univ of California San Francisco Brain Tumor SPORE
- New Tutorial Video📽️: How to check out and check in specimens?
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- Stanford CVI biobank invests iPSCs to further research
- Atlantic Health System biobank shares first human tissue specimen for research
- Markey biorepository (Uni. of Kentucky) accredited by CAP
- Hubrecht Institute & UMC Utrecht develops head & neck cancer organoids biobank
- The Vigo biobank (Spain) reaches 40,000 sample milestone
- Fecal biobanking holds promises for colorectal cancer
Recent Research Papers
- HIV HGM biobank as a research platform for pediatric infectious diseases and COVID-19 pandemic
- Genetics of irritable bowel syndrome: shifting gear via biobank-scale studies
- Machine learning powers biobank-driven drug discovery
Biobank Job Alerts
- Research Technician: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- PS Study Coordinator: University of Utah
- Technician, Research Laboratory C: University of Pennsylvania
- SBA Biobank Project Manager: University of Sydney
- Research Assistant (Biobanking): National University of Singapore
- OpenSpecimen Community Meet (USA) – OSCON23: July 24-25
- OpenSpecimen Introductory Webinar: June 1st
- BBMRI-ERIC ELSI Dialogues Belgian Biobank Legislation Webinar: May 31st
- 2023 ABNA Conference (Sea World Resort, Gold Coast): Oct 18-20
- ISBER 2023 Regional Meeting (Granada, Spain): Oct 24-25
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at [email protected].