This month in 1792, the US Postal Service was created! Postage cost between 6 and 25 cents, depending on the distance your parcel needed to travel! The Postal Service Act, signed by George Washington on February 20th, transformed the Constitutional Post, a fledgling mail delivery service run by Benjamin Franklin, into an official department of the federal government until 1971, when it became an independent institution.
Click here for agenda and registration.
Fresh of the Press
- Lagos biobank to tackle Lassa fever, Coronavirus
- California Biobank stores DNA of every California infant
- A Living Biobank Of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Organoids
- Individualized care for psychiatric disorders – Mayo Clinic Biobank
- Researchers from NYU Abu Dhabi filter paper for cryopreservation
- edu-BRoTHER: a student exchange program providing biobanking skills
- NIH awards UB $21.7 million to continue Buffalo’s research and health-care
- New Tick Cell Biobank to support research on tick-borne diseases in Africa
Biobank Job Alerts
- Laboratory Technologist – NewYork, USA
- Quality Manager– Victorian Cancer Biobank, Australia
- Project Officer – Biobank – MCRI, Melbourne, Australia
- Healthcare Assistant – Berkshire, UK Biobank
- Lupus Biobank Operations Manager – Lupus Research Alliance, New York
- Biobank Technician – UCLA Health – USA
ISBER 2020 Annual Meeting: Anaheim, USA (14-18 April 2020)
- Is OpenSpecimen CFR Part-11 compliant?
- CAP accreditation by University of California (Davis)
- Auckland Region Tissue Bank adopts OpenSpecimen
- How to use OpenSpecimen to manage longitudinal studies?