- OSCON16 – Aug 29-30 – Miami
- OpenSpecimen “super user” training – Miami (Sep 1-3) and Melbourne (Oct 6-7)
- OpenSpecimen v3.2 released
- Victorian Cancer Biobank goes live with OpenSpecimen
- University of Massachusetts (UMass) adopts OpenSpecimen
OSCON16, an annual meeting of biobanks using OpenSpecimen and developers, will be held in Miami on Aug 29 and 30th. It will cover sessions on new features, workshops, upgrading from caTissue and discussion on the product roadmap.
For more details: oscon.openspecimen.org
We will also be present in many upcoming biobanking events this year. If you are going to be around, we will be happy to catch-up.
- OpenSpecimen “super user” training (Miami) – Sep 1-3
- Leaders in Biobanking, Baltimore – Sep 7-9
- ESBB/BBMRI Biobanking Week, Vienna – Sept 13-16
- Australian Biospecimen Network Association, Adelaide – Oct 13-14
- OpenSpecimen “super user” training (Melbourne) – Oct 6-7
- UK Biobanking Showcase, London – Nov 16
- OpenSpecimen workshop, University of Leicester – Nov 15
OpenSpecimen “super user” training program – Miami and Melbourne
We are happy to announce our two training programs which are aimed at being classroom based hands-on and covering all aspects of OpenSpecimen. For more details, email email@example.com.
OpenSpecimen New Features
Simple data entry plugin
This plugin supports customizing screens per protocol including adding new custom fields at participant, visit and specimen. This will greatly increase ease of use, decrease number of clicks to perform data entry and therefore improve end user productivity.
This plugin supports designing visual dashboards per protocol, site or system. A dashboard can consist of many graphical dashlets e.g. charts, numbers, tables etc and can be customized based on the local needs.
Note: The dashboards and screens can be designed by super admins through the user interface without needing server access or restarting the application.
Audit reporting via UI
This feature will allow admins to query for audit reports from the user interface. Currently even though all user interactions are audited by the system, there is no access from the UI for audit reporting.
Dropdown lists manager
This feature will allow super admin to configure dropdown picklists to add or delete values without needing access to the server or restarting the application.
OpenSpecimen v3.2 released
We are happy to announce the release of v3.2 with many new features and bug fixes. For more details, read v3.2 release announcement here.