Induction into the CAHS as a Fellow is considered one of the highest honors within Canada’s academic community. Fellows are chosen by their peers based on their demonstrated leadership, creativity, distinctive competencies, and commitment to advancing academic health sciences.
Dr. Schacter has made monumental contributions to the fields of cancer and blood disorder research. Below are some of his achievements –
- PI of Canadian Tumour Repository Network (CTRNet)
- Co-Chair, Canadian Task Force on Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) With Cancer
- Contributed to the development of a Diploma Program for qualification in AYA Oncology
- Member of the board of ISBER
- Contributed to the development of QBRS- Qualification in Biorepository Science Examination
Click here to read more.