Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and useful. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
The Biobanking Quiz (BbQ)
We are taking a break this month. You can refer to the old quizzes here and submit responses if you have not done it before. Lucky winners stand to win 100$ Amazon gift coupon!
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- Brown University (Rhode Island) launch COVID-19 biobank
- Washington COVID-19 Biorepository expands sample types
- Biobank central to Windber Research Institute’s cancer work
- Dr. Schacter Honored for Contributions in Biobanking and Biomedical Research
- Qatar Biobank conducts first mother-child cohort study
- Should biobanks be used in forensic investigations?
Recent Research Papers
- COVID highlights challenges in sharing biospecimens
- Considerations for biospecimen collection during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Cohort profile of King’s Health Partners bladder cancer biobank
- Each patient is a research biorepository
- Challenges in regulatory and governance framework in LMICs biobanks
- Study of laboratory staff’ knowledge of biobanking in Côte d’Ivoire
Biobank Job Alerts
- Biobank Facility/Program Manager – University at Buffalo
- Supervisor Biobank – Rhode Island Hospital USA
- Biobank Coordinator – Loyola University Chicago
- Biobank Assistant – Maine Medical Center, USA
- Biorepository Research Assistant I – START, San Antonio
- Europe Biobank Week 2020 – Nov 17-20, 2020
- V7.1 Released: We are happy to announce the release of v7.1. As always there are many new features, improvements and bug fixes (release notes).
- Biobanking Conversations (BbC #1): Interview with Irmi Feldman (University of California, Davis)
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Email us at email@example.com.