Here is your monthly curated pick of biobanking news, jobs, and events from across the globe. We hope you will find this enriching and useful. Please do let us know your feedback on how we can improve this newsletter.
Unfortunately, this pandemic has caused havoc across the globe. Pune, the city we live in, is one of the worst impacted cities in India with ~2000 cases per day. The only bright side for us is that OpenSpecimen has been gaining traction around the world. The below image shows the new customers we added in recent times.
The Biobanking Quiz #2 (BbQ)
Here is this month’s installment of the biobanking quiz. Play the online BbQ for some fun, learning, and a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift voucher. Click here to play.
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- UK Biobank reveals substantial variation in rates of previous COVID-19 infection across the UK
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) builds COVID19 Biobank
- NIH launched REDS-IV-P program to establish a biorepository of novel SARS-CoV-2 samples
- ISBER and ASCP BOC announce Qualification in Biorepository Science (QBRS) for biobankers
- Louisiana State University introduces the COVID response effort
- DecodeME (London) awarded £3.2m – the largest ever ME/CFS DNA study
- Integrated Biobank of Luxembourg launch MIRABANK to collect multi-resistant bacterial strains
- ICMR (India) considers biobank of COVID samples for research & test validation
Need for sustainable biobanking networks for COVID-19 and other diseases of epidemic potential
Biobank Job Alerts
- Research Assistant – Columbia University (New York, USA)
- Sample Manager and Biobank Coordinator – Forbius (Montréal, CA)
- Biorepository Scientist – Analytical Biological Services (Wilmington, USA)
- Biobank Technician – Avantor Services (Macclesfield, UK)
- Tissue Bank Administrator – Imperial College (London, UK)
- Scientific Project Manager – German Biobank Node / University Berlin
- Victorian Cancer Biobank launched new specimen catalogue powered by OpenSpecimen
- New Blog: Encryption (at rest) OpenSpecimen MySQL Database
- New Feature: eConsent: Track consents as per the study needs. Create consent versions, consent form versioning, patient mode entry, email consents, reporting, and much more.
- New Feature: Mobile Application: Aimed at clinical coordinators to register participants, visits, and primary specimens, and support offline mode (without internet).
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.