The month of July was very eventful on the OpenSpecimen front. We conducted two successful face-to-face community conferences (OSCON) in the U.K. and the U.S.A.
We are now gearing up for the Australia Community Meet in Seaworld (Gold Coast) on Oct 17th. See registration details below.
Join us for the upcoming one-day free workshop in Australia on October 17th (a day before ABNA conference) at Gold Coast (Queensland).
About the workshop
✅ One-day free event for OpenSpecimen current and prospective users.
✅ Includes demos & workshops on new features, product training, technical sessions and product roadmap.
✅ Talks by adopters about their experiences and best practices.
✅ Network with users from other biobanks & exchange ideas.
- OSCON Australia: Oct 17, Gold Coast, Queensland
- OpenSpecimen v10.2 released
- New Tutorial Video📽️: How to share freezers with multiple collection protocols?
Fresh of the Biobanking Press
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital to build research facility that will house Discover Together Biobank
- Azenta announces new biorepository in the Greater Boston area
- Biospecimens from the MURDOCK Study help accelerate heart failure discovery
- Queensland Univ. of Technology gets $3M to develop Australia’s first human microbiome biobank
- Viva – the largest Italian biobank – to store 5 M samples
- Stellenbosch University’s fully automated biorepository to store 3.5M biospecimens
- Biobank preserves genetic riches of the Galapagos
Recent Research Papers
- Creating a Surgical Biobank: Hershey Medical Center experience
- Rapid establishment of a biospecimen resource to study the global impact of COVID-19 Vaccines
Biobank Job Alerts
- Histology Technician II: Baylor College of Medicine
- Research Technologist II: University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ
- PS Clinical Research Coordinator: University of Utah
- Biomedical Analyst: Biobank Väst
- Research Assistant (Biobanking): National Univ. of Singapore
- OpenSpecimen Aus Workshop: Oct 17, Gold Coast, Queensland
- 2023 ABNA Conference: Oct 18-20, Gold Coast, Queensland
- ISBER 2023 Regional Meeting (Granada, Spain): Oct 24-25
- BioBANC Symposium II: University of Galway, Ireland – Sept 1
- Europe Biobank Week Roadshow23: Austria, Sept 27-28
Feedback / Contribute
How did you like this edition? What else would you like to see? Do you have a story or a news item for the Biobanking community? Please email us at [email protected].