The Research Technologist II performs histological, chemical, and immunological techniques and procedures including flow cytometric analysis, and sorting in support of physician investigators leading translational research studies involving the Nervous System Tumor Bank (NSTB) at Northwestern University and Lurie Children’s Hospital. The lab’s vision is to understand rare pediatric genetic disease through diversity, discovery and development in the NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY field by BIOBANKING/conducting experiments.
- Following protocols, designs and sets-up and conducts basic experiments.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots protocols and data obtained from individual experiments and recommends alternatives and suggestions to improve processes, validity and accuracy.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting and entering data. Manipulates, interpret and/or presents results.
- Prepares charts and graphs for presentations and publications.
- Performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Completes portions of grant applications, manuscripts and publications.
- Tracks and summarizes lab supply expenses. Verifies accuracy of invoices. Orders and maintains inventory of reagent, mice and/or lab supplies.
- Other job functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree: Biomedical Science (Required)
To apply for this job please visit luriechildrens.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.