We are the Center for Data-Driven Discovery in Biomedicine (D3b – d3b.center), an ambitious and unique blend of experts in the field of pediatric brain tumor research. Our mission is to empower researchers to analyze biological and genomic data, so that they may discover insights that lead to cures or dramatically improved treatment options.
We want creative problem solvers that are passionate about research operations, biospecimen management and biobanking operations, and are excited to learn whatever is needed to empower our mission. As a Clinical Research Assistant (outwardly known as a Biospecimen Research Coordinator) in the center, you will participate in routine operational tasks involved in biobanking by following operational protocols and will exercise discretion and judgement in execution of assigned tasks. The impact of your work will be far-reaching and life-changing for every child, every time, everywhere.
- Performs data entry for specimen tracking and clinical data entry as needed
- Records and checks results for completeness and accuracy
- Performs tasks that require familiarity with fundamental laboratory techniques and equipment
- Performs tasks to order and supply external sites and pathology departments with supplies
- Prepares shipments of specimens following research and shipping protocols
- Assists with planning specific research protocols and procedures
- Provides required metrics for reports as needed
- Ensures all standard operating procedures and workflows are current and updated as needed
- Maintains office, lab area, reagents, supplies and equipment
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance on lab equipment as needed
- Coordinates with Biorepository Resource Center for scheduling time in lab
- Quality Control inventory, specimen associations and output regularly
- Other duties as directed
To apply for this job please visit careers.chop.edu.