Here is a short overview of the latest happenings in the OpenSpecimen world:
- New adopters
- v3.3 released
- v3.4 release plan
- 2016 Annual meet updates
- Upcoming conferences (Adelaide, London)
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions or feedback.
New Adopters Update:
- University of Massachusetts (UMass) went live with the first group. Many more groups within UMass are lined up.
- Murdoch Children Research Centre (Melbourne) and FIND (Geneva) has started the implementation process.
- SAHMRI (Adelaide) is all set to go-live and doing final testing.
- University of Michigan (MCTP) is busy testing OpenSpecimen after upgrading from NCI caTissue.
OpenSpecimen v3.3 is released with new features and improvements.
See release announcement here.
OpenSpecimen Annual Meet – 2016 was on 29-30 Aug in Miami.
20+ end users from 15+ centres attended the conference. See notes and photos here.
OpenSpecimen v3.4 development has started with the following goals:
- Containers: Tree view, auto-allocation, drag and drop, move multiple boxes in one-go, alerts, graphs, etc.
- Security: Two-factor authentication, password expiry, unused account lock, etc.
- Generate audit reports from user interface
- Notifications and alerts
- EPIC real-time integration (with Johns Hopkins (USA))
- HL7 integration for path reports (with Christiana Care (USA))
- OpenClinica integration (with FIND (Switzerland))
We look forward to meet you if you are there too.